CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Deep thoughts about Amy's deep thoughts...

OK, so Amy was talking about keeping in mind what your band is doing FOR you, instead of focusing on what it's not doing for you. I think it needs to go a step further, though.

We always hear that WLS is a a rearranging of our guts, it's not a surgery on our brain. We hear that WLS is just a tool. It's true. My thumb size stomach isn't going to make the decision for me whether or not I'm going to eat biscuits & gravy for dinner. It will limit how much I eat, but the decison to shovel it down the gullet is mine and mine alone. (BTW, it was good and worth it, but only as a rare treat once or twice a year. I can't beleive I didn't get sick.) The fact that I've had gastric bypass isn't going to make me get off my butt and go to the YMCA for death by Zumba. I have to make that decision and follow through with it on my own.

My weight loss has stalled again, and it's frustrating, but it's not because my bypass isn't working. It IS. I'm extremely limited in how much and what I eat. The stall has come from the fact that I haven't been exercising. (Stupid torn abdomen!) Now that I'm picking up on exercise again I'll start losing again. My goal is to be below 200 by the end of July, and I think that's pretty realistic, AS LONG AS I KEEP WORKING.

So...I guess to continue Amy's thought...don't just think of what your WLS is doing for you...What are YOU doing for you?


(And Amy, to hyperlink, copy the link from where you want it to lead. In the blogger textbox type out what you want hyperlinked, highlight it, and then click on the little chain thing in the top of the text box, next to the text colors. Paste in the link you want and click OK. Easy Peasy!)

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

Thank you dearest Meg. I will try it next time. Should I hyper link to your boobs? hahah...no...I shall not.

Thanks for continuing my train of thought...

I still wish we could death by Zumba together.

Meg said...

Holy cow, that would be awesome, but we'd get kicked out! LMAO

Did you ever go look at the boobays? LOL

Amy W. said...

I totally looked at your boobs! I thought I left a comment...maybe I left them on the boobie page? Anyways, being the perv I am, I looked at them right after I told you I would. First, they are not as bad as you make them out to be. In the more "recent" pictures, I can't even really tell. They are just a little flat on the sides. In the earlier pictures, yes...they are a little square. What happened? I never see those on Dr. 90210! Is the shape due to the scarring?

Meg said...

I think I might have comments turned off on that blog, I'll have to go check.

The official term for it is "dog eared" and it's because the surgeon didn't cut high enough to the side of the breast. I like Spongebob SquareBoobs better, though. I think it should be a medical term!