CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Drained.

I had big plans for death by Zumba today, but it's just not happening.

We went to the Y yesterday and I tried doing the elliptical, but only lasted about 10 minutes. Don't know if it's because I didn't have my music (Zunepass needed to re-sync), or if I really was that wiped out. So I moved on to do weights. I had to drop the weight on almost every single machine. SUCKS. I feel...weak I guess.

I've also discovered that I'm extremely carb sensitive. I ate half a slice of pizza the other night *drool!* and within minutes of finishing it I had to go lay down for an hour. Completely crashed. So last night I made fish poached in white wine and sauteed zucchini. Apparently zucchini has a ton of carbs in it too. (Smell the sarcasm?) 7.3 grams per 1/2 cup serving, that's it. But I still crashed. Gah.

So last night I tried running again, week 1 of the Couch to 5K program. Maybe it was because two other folks were with me throwing off my pace, but I don't think so. I'm just feeling WEAK, and not in a loser sort of way.

Who knows, maybe I just need to bump up my vitamins or something. For once I know I'm getting protien because I'm eating Greek yogurt like it's going out of style, and doing a 23 gram protein bullet (PUKE!) every day. It's getting harder to get my water in, but I'm getting my minimum in by the end of the day. It just takes for-freakin'-ever.

My 8 week followup is next week...so we'll see what G says.

3 comments:

Linda O said...

Sounds like low iron. Check with your doctor. What kind of greek yogurt are you eating?

Meg said...

I wouldn't doubt it, the iron supplements I have are intolerable so I've been neglecting them.

It's Fage, the fat free/plain. I mix it with SF vanilla syrup & Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Sooooo good.

Linda O said...

Yes I love that stuff but it gets a bit expensive. Sometimes I buy it to make Sadziki...cucumber garlic yogurt dip.