CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy freakin' Mother's Day, we hate each other.

I woke up at 7 AM to hear all 3 kids fighting on the other side of the wall from me, at top volume. DH went in to deal with them, they continued fighting anyway. I also had the joy of waking up with back spasms, so decided to take a bath. Every time I turned off the jets I heard the kids in the living room, fighting again. They're just venomous and hateful today.

Brian has also been asking me for days what he should get me for Mother's Day. I told him that IF he was going to get me something, which he really didn't have to do, I would appreciate something that he put thought and care into.
Last night as we were putting fresh sheets on the bed he tells me he's had a stroke of genius about my Mother's Day gift, and he'd even take me to the mall so I could pick it out. This morning he finally tells me, "I'm going to take you to pick out some new sheets for the bed."

Really? New sheets, when we have three sets of sheets in the closet? That's his idea of thought and care? I've married a caveman. And of course, because I don't want to be an ungrateful bitch all I can say is, "Honey, we really don't need any more sheets, I appreciate the thought though."

So now the kids are bossing each other around in the bedroom, and Brian is out in the garage either watching TV or playing video games. And I'm here feeling sorry for myself because I didn't get my fucking Hallmark & Folgers moment.

2 comments:

Amy W. said...

hahahaha! I am only laughing bc you are so honest! I am sorry this was your day...but I like your take on it!

Sarah said...

I'm sorry for such a bummer of a day! Tell them they owe you a BIG one!!!